Thursday, October 05, 2006

I am feeling better today. The home health nurse was here this morning to change my Foley. It is a good thing that I charged my wheelchair last night. Because it looks so nice outside that after lunch I might fill an oxygen tank and go for a walk. I really like the weather during the spring and fall. It isn't so hot and humid or so cold and snowy that I can go for more walks. However, I find that I don't go on as many walks as I used to four years ago when I first got my wheelchair. Now even going around the neighborhood tires me out.

ME asked what ALS stood for. It stands for Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. It is sometimes refered to as Lou Gehrig's desease. The life expectancy of an ALS patient averages about two to five years from the time of diagnosis.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Oh, I do hope you can go for a walk, and I hope the weather is as lovely as it is here...

You do know that Me is Melissa H. right?

Thursday, October 5, 2006 at 11:15:00 AM PDT  
Blogger UP said...

Yes me I know who you are.

Friday, October 6, 2006 at 6:29:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home