Monday, June 13, 2011

Time to Start Again

This past Saturday I received an email from L., the lady who over the past number of years has been my Home Bound Librarian, telling me that the time has arrived for her to retire. Over the years, I have always made it a habit to write a short email talking about what has happened in my life since the last time I sent in a list of books I would be interested in reading. One think L. mentioned in her retirement email was that she would be able to keep up with me by reading my Blog MyTippy. One of the original purposes of MyTippy was to document my experience with SpinoCerebellar Ataxia. Another reason was to give me something to keep busy at.

When L wrote that she would continue to follow me on my MyTippy Blog, I thought about why I decided to stop writing. Last October, 2010 I thought that MyTippy was beginning to be about all the lung infections and hospital stays I have been experiencing and that my life had become a life of doing the same thing day after day with my doctor visits every couple of weeks.

Another reason I decided to stop posting has to do with my right hand wrist. When I was younger I broke my right wrist, although I don’t remember breaking it. The Orthopedic doctor told me that the break has healed, but now the calcium that formed around the break is rubbing on a nerve. It was OK as long as I was on anti inflammatory medicine, but once I no longer could take that medicine it would start to hurt while typing.

After more thought, I decided that my life is more than lung infections and hospital stays and aching wrist. So I have decided to begin posting on MyTippy again.

So the first thing I will post is that for the past 4 weeks I have been, once again, fighting a lung infection. This one is a rather nasty infection; of course my doctor told P. that I always seem to get the more nasty/serious lung infections. I think my doctor would have hospitalized me only I really didn’t want to be in the hospital. I really hate being in the hospital I always feel so silly being in an ICU bed when I don’t feel sick enough to in ICU. Of course the hospital and my doctors have a different opinion and think I need to be in ICU because of being on a ventilator.

In my next post I will tell why I didn’t want to be hospitalized.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home