Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mugs, Mugs and more Mugs


Over the years, I've collected coffee mugs.  Now I use one mug a week for coffee and I use one of my larger mugs a week for tea.  I remember in 1999 when I was in Kansas for my 30'th class reunion driving around seeing the old sights that I hadn't seen for a long long time.  I  finally found myself in town and needing gas I stopped at a gas station and when I went to pay I spotted a Kansas coffee mug so I bought that mug.  Now this wasn’t the first mug I had purchased.   I already had my Owl mug which I’ve been using for more than 30 years.  I have 2 coffee mugs from the Netherlands and Las Vegas one for each trip I took there.

Most mugs have a special meaning for me.  I have an Iowa mug because I was born in Iowa.  I have a Jamestown Virginia because of taking a field trip there when I was in the 4th of 5th grade.  One of the mugs is a SMMHC mug because of working there at the hospital.  I also have a mug from the Data Center in the center of the state because I was employed by the Data Center and based at SMMHC. I could go on and on telling you why each mug means so much to me but I won't bore you.

I will just tell you that I have 51 coffee mugs and 5 tea mugs.  I still need a couple more, like a Michigan one because I went to college in Michigan and met my future wife P there.

Well time to stop talking about coffee mugs and time to start using one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home