Sunday, December 18, 2011

More and More Doctors

I went to my Pulmonologist on Friday to see what she has decided to do about the MRSA that has stubbornly refused to go away. I have been fighting this latest MRSA infection for a month or more.

Now my Pulmonologist has decided it is time to refer me to an Infectious Disease Doctor because she is beginning to think that the MRSA has colonized and therefore will never completely be cleared up. So Monday I go to the Infectious Disease Doctor. If the doctors decide that the MRSA has colonized, I will just live with it and will only treat the MRSA when it flares up and I have more symptoms of an infection. I already have Serratia colonized so I know how to tell if the symptoms are getting to the point where I have to call my doctor.

So I won't know until Monday what course of treatment the doctors decided. Treat or not to treat.

Yesterday (Thursday) my Infectious Disease doctor called to tell me that he is ordering an additional oral antibiotic. So I will now be able to spend Christmas at home instead of in the hospital as I feared.


Blogger Britt-Arnhild said...

I am wishing you a blessed Christmas UP. And a GOOD new Year.

Monday, December 26, 2011 at 3:46:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home