Monday, August 19, 2013

Birthday Weekend

I wrote this as my morning email that I send to the both the entire I. & G. M. immediate and extended family.  Instead of trying to write a new posting I think the morning email says what I what to say.  The birthday breakfast was not on my birthday but was on the Sunday before my birthday which worked best for my family.
Grandson L. and his two Grandma's drove up at noon on Friday.  After lunch and after L.'s Grandma F. drove on to her home and after L. talked to his mother telling her all about the highlights of his vacation with the grandma's in Indianapolis L. told me that he was a little bored.  So I had him get the oxygen tank which we filled.  Then we put Tippy's walking collar on him and off the three of us went for a walk around the block.  I think this is the first time in 2 years that I’ve been on a walk around the block.  Boy oh boy was I exhausted after that walk.  Then later after supper L.'s parents showed up, boy oh boy was L glad to see his parents.  I think vacationing with Grandmothers is fun, but like any vacation it is always good to return home, even if home/parents come to you, especially for an 8 year old.

On Saturday L. helped his father set up the smoker and he and his dad put the ham on to smoke.  Then L. and his mother ran errands with his Grandmother.  I don't remember much more then that about Saturday.  I think I was still trying to recover from my walk.

Sunday morning the entire family came and the boys made a birthday breakfast for me.  It was a Great, Good, Fantastic and Tasty breakfast.  My Son In-Law K. made a great sausage gravy with some wonderfully seasoned sausage he picked up at his favorite butcher store.  Son C. made the buttermilk biscuits for the gravy.  Son J. made a fantastic fruit salad using melons son K. got at the farmers market he is at on Saturdays.  Niece A. made a great tomato, basil, mozzarella cheese salad using some of son K.’s home grown tomatoes and basil.  J. set the tables while son K. scrambled duck and chicken eggs.  I think this was the first time I've had duck eggs and I couldn't taste any difference.  I thought there might be a difference but if there is I couldn't find it.

Then right after breakfast the ladies went into the city to go on a Chocolate tasting tour.  The boys stayed home and cleaned up the kitchen and dining room.  Everyone headed home between 1:30 and 2:00 PM.  My Niece A. who stayed with us for 6 weeks this summer giving the lunch ladies a vacation from having to come mid day to help me also headed home.  She rode to Wisconsin with son K. and her father drove down from their home in Wisconsin to pick her up.  I really enjoyed the time my niece and I spent together this summer. 

After everyone left, I and Tippy waited, taking naps, until P. came home. What a Great Way to celebrate a birthday, having your entire family around you.


Post a Comment

<< Home