Friday, June 29, 2007

Neighbors

It certainly is nice to have good neighbors. Yesterday was daughter K's day off work so she was in charge of making supper. She decided to make seasoned chicken fingers with a tomato lettuce salad. However both of us thought we should have something more. We talked about having a rice dish. Maybe rice with diced red onion and diced red pepper cooked in chicken stock. However, we didn't have red onion or red pepper. So we sat and talked about other ideas. While we were talking, she was on the computer Instant Messaging with her brother. He suggested baking powder biscuits with grated cheddar cheese sprinkled with garlic powder when still hot from the oven.

So K started supper. However when she started the biscuits we discovered that there was no Crisco in the house. So we called our neighbor and she brought over her can of Crisco. The supper was a success with biscuits saved by the neighbor.

I plan on making beef jerky this weekend. However this morning I discovered that my meat was in the freezer in the basement. Now P is still on crutches and hasn't been going down the steps and K had left for work already. So it was another phone call to the neighbor who came and brought up the meat for the jerky.

About an hour later the front door opened and the neighbor walked in asking if we had any eggs. We did so she helped herself to a couple eggs. He husband was making bran muffins and after starting them found that they were out of eggs. I hope to find out how the muffins turned out because just a short while ago the neighbor walked in with a plate with a couple of muffins.

I was extremely glad to see her because I am having trouble breathing today and was busy suctioning the Flem out of my lungs. All the suctioning had made my 4x4 drain sponge wet. Now I can change the sponge myself but it is extremely difficult for me to do. I have in the past almost passed out and a couple times almost had my trach come out. So after putting the muffins on the counter the neighbor gloved up and helped me change my drain sponge.

As I said at the beginning it certainly is nice to have good neighbors.

4 Comments:

Blogger Britt-Arnhild said...

What a blessing to have a neighbour like yours :-)

Friday, June 29, 2007 at 1:52:00 PM PDT  
Blogger NEK said...

You do have wonderful neighbors. I remember when our family visited and we ran out of dishsoap she went to the store and bought a bottle for us. You truely are blessed.

Saturday, June 30, 2007 at 6:23:00 PM PDT  
Blogger smilnsigh said...

Yes, this is a blessing, to have this kind of neighbors.

We happen to be extra lucky, as we have family in both the other houses on this street. Only 3 houses, ours and theirs. So we swap back and forth and are there, in time of need and etc. But this is rare, in today's society.

I'm so glad you have the neighbors you do.

Mari-Nanci

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 7:49:00 AM PDT  
Blogger smilnsigh said...

I meant, it's rare to have family living so close by, in today's society.

Mari-Nanci

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 7:50:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home