Thursday, June 14, 2007

What I hope to accomplish today

Last Saturday oldest son C was here helping with a number of chores that needed to be done around the house. Late in the afternoon we asked him to start the gas grill on the patio. He went out the back door and came back in asking where was the grill. It had been stolen during the night.

Today daughter K is home so I hope to have her drive me to the store so I can look at grills. I noticed in the paper that a number of stores have grills on sale this week. So hopefully I will be able to find a replacement.

I had hoped that son K would be able to do this for me yesterday. However he just found a house he and a friend can afford so he is busy signing leases, meeting with the utility company to have the gas and electric turned on, and cleaning the house before moving in. After spending 7 weeks on a mission trip in Costa Rica he has lived with us since Christmas. So I know he is ready to get back to a place on his own.

Oh yes one more thing before I close. When I went to make the coffee this morning, I noticed that son K had taken all the Buttermilk Oatmeal bread for his breakfast. Yesterday I wondered if I should make another loaf of bread, or wait until today. I guess I should have made it yesterday. So that is one other thing I will do today.

I do however need to watch how active I am today. With wife P on crutches I have been busy helping her and making meals. I find that even that small increase in activity has exhausted me. So now I need to watch that I don't run my system down and get sick again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Britt-Arnhild said...

How weird can people be! Stealing a grill from your back porch.....

Saturday, June 16, 2007 at 11:59:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Thats mean stealing your Grill from your back porch. Who ever did it knew you couldnt chase them. I hope you reported this to police.

Sunday, June 17, 2007 at 5:36:00 AM PDT  
Blogger smilnsigh said...

Grill stolen??? Good heavens!

And I do hope you pace yourself, in this extra stressful time. No way can you allow yourself to get over-tired and sick.

And hope P is coming along, as well as is possible.

Also hope that son K, having gone on a mission trip to Costa Rica, remembers that there is good work to be done, right at home. For and with the parents, who have certainly done so much for him.

Sorry if I sound a little harsh.
But sometimes this 'mission work stuff' gets me a bit 'upset', when there is so much to be done, right at home.

I apologize for my rant. You can delete it,if you think you should.

Mari-Nanci

Sunday, June 17, 2007 at 6:37:00 AM PDT  
Blogger UP said...

Mari-Nanci

Delete you? Never. Yes K does remember the good that needs to be done right here at home. I think it was a good experience for him going that far away from home he came back a much more mature 21 year old. I do think it helped that he came home with no money to his name. We loaned him money in order for him to get his car repaired so he could find a job, which he has. He now has paid us back and has found a house to rent. So he is back out on his own.

Now I do agree with you about going away from home in order to find something that needs to be done. While we live in one of the riches countries, one doesn't have to look far to see that there is a lot that needs doing right here. I just think it is easier to turn a blind eye to conditions here. That way one doesn't have to feel guilty.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 at 8:58:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home