Friday, May 18, 2007

Doctors

Well this morning I haven't had any breakfast. I need to have a 12-hour fasting blood work done. So we plan on leaving for the doctor a little early so I can have the blood work done before we see my Pulmonologist. The blood work is for another of my doctors. I see him in June. However, if I make a special trip to the clinic to have the blood work done, I have to pay a co-pay, but if I have it done when I have a scheduled doctors visit, I don't have to make a co-payment.

The financial part of this illness is staggering. Keeping track of all the bills and who pays what takes P. 4 - 8 hours a month. Earlier this week I was informed that my medical supplies would not be sent because their records showed that I owed them money. However, the bill they were talking about was billed wrong and their billing department told us not to pay it. So we had to make more phone calls just to get needed medical supplies. Last year this same company claimed we owed them hundreds of dollars. After numerous phone calls and letters, they said they would audit our account. After the audit we owed them less then ten dollars. Needless to say we never pay them until we are certain the insurance has paid and we are certain we owe the money and that the amount they claim we owe them is correct.

Enough of this it is time to leave.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Up,
OHHH thats bad stopping your Medication because of there mistake when its something you cant do without, but im so pleased you have it all sorted out

Friday, May 18, 2007 at 7:47:00 AM PDT  
Blogger smilnsigh said...

-sigh- These billing mix ups can be so awful. Someone punches in a wrong number somewhere... Or something like that.. And a mess ensues.

When it's with medication, it's a lot more than a mess. :-(

Mari-Nanci

Monday, May 21, 2007 at 9:01:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home