Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Lunch with "The Boys"

It has been a long time since the last posting to my Blog. Last week my 2 1/2 year old Grandson stayed with us. What fun we had. We made faces in the bathroom mirror after brushing our teeth. We rode around the neighborhood. He would stand on the footrests of my wheelchair and talk and ask questions about everything we did and saw.

However, all the talking tired his Grandpippy out so much that most days Grandpippy was the first one to bed. In the morning, Grandpippy would wake up and put the head of his hospital bed up and watch the news. When L. would wake up he would climb into my bed and we would watch children's programming until I thought it was time for us to wake Grandma. So L. would get out of my bed, take the controls and lower the head of the bed, bring my walker over, transfer the Foley bag to the walker and tell me that all was ready for my to transfer to my wheelchair. Then he would ride with me into the kitchen where he helped make the coffee. While the coffee was brewing we would turn on the laptop and his Grandpippy make the bed.

This is a sample of how my days went last week when L. stayed with us. However, he went home this past Saturday. Sunday and Monday I rested because today I am going to lunch with "The Boys". These Boys are all 10 to 15 years older than I am. We all worked together about 10 - 15 years ago. Then for a number of years we drifted apart. During those years, I kept in contact with R., one of the boys I worked closely with for years. If fact last fall when he moved his rhubarb patch he came over and planted some rhubarb for me.

I am a little concerned about how this lunch will go because yesterday and today I started having trouble breathing. I think it is because of the weather, so last evening P. closed all the windows and turned the air conditioning on. Seems a shame to have the windows closed keeping the sounds of May out, but breathing is more important then hearing the birds.

Well what do you know? One of "The Boys" just called to ask if our lunch was still on. He told me that from now on he was not going to trust email. He would rather use the old fashion method of telephoning. Should I tell him that mail has been around longer then the telephone. The difference is in the delivery system. This is something to think about until lunch time.


Blogger smilnsigh said...

Yess, an entry!! :-)

And you must have had a great time with the little Grandson.

Hope the lunch was enjoyable to.

And that you tell us about it, when you feel like blogging.


Wednesday, May 9, 2007 at 10:31:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home