Monday, March 12, 2007

Those Delicious Ribs

Last Friday morning, I found out that my son J. had no plans for Saturday. So I asked if he wanted to come to our house and make use of the garage to clean his car of all the winter salt and grime. He said that sounded like a good idea to him. So then I asked him if, as long as he was down here, he felt like doing some ribs in the smoker. He replied saying that was another great idea.

I started looking at all my recipe sites on the Internet searching for a BBQ rib recipe. I settled on a Barbecued Beef Ribs with Molasses Bourbon Sauce from Epicurious. Friday night I made the marinade and let the ribs marinade over night.

On Saturday while J. started the chunk charcoal and got the smoker setup I made the Molasses Bourbon sauce. By 11:00 the ribs were in the smoker and J. was working on his car. He kept the smoker around 200 degees all day. The only time the temp changed was when he added more charcoal or Hickory chips. At 4:00 we started basting the ribs with the sauce. When the 6 of us sat down for supper at 5:00 - 5:15 the meat was falling off the bone. Along with the ribs we had coleslaw and quartered potatoes baked with mushrooms and onions. There was no need for dessert because no one had room for any more. Although I think Pecan pie would have been good.

1 Comments:

Blogger smilnsigh said...

Wow, that sounds delicious! I put the link in Favorite Places.

I can't eat that, though I'd like to. But not any more. But others in the extended family can.

Mari-Nanci

Friday, April 13, 2007 at 3:26:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home