Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Busy Candy Weekend

Late Thursday afternoon our oldest son C, daughter in-law K and grandson L arrived. They were spending a couple days with us because L had a couple of days off at his school. Because they arrived shortly before supper and because L was tired, he and I didn't do much on Thursday.

Friday morning I got up at my usual time and tried to not make a lot of noise downstairs by using my wheelchair at a very slow speed. However, I was just turning on the coffee maker when I felt another presence in the kitchen. I turned around to see that L was up and ready to watch some morning children television shows. He had our youngest son rather large stuffed cow sitting on his shoulders.

I poured my coffee and the two of us went into the den. It was about 6:30 in the morning and L isn't allowed to turn on the television before 7 AM. I wrote my usual morning email that I send to my entire family and extended family. And I read my emails, checked the local newspaper and drank my coffee. L spent the time looking at some books and asking me if it was 7 o'clock. Poor L had a hard time keeping quiet and staying settled down. After all this past Friday was when he, his parents and his grandmother were all going to a LEGOLAND Discovery Centre and I think he thought everyone should be up and getting ready. In fact everyone did get up and they all were on their way shortly before 9 A.M.

They spent most of the day at the LEGOLAND Discovery Centre arriving home just before 5 P.M. As soon as they all were in the door L asked his father to help him put together the Lego kit he had purchased at the store. So while Grandma made supper, L and his mother and father sat on the den floor and assembled a Lego race car.

L had slept most of the trip home, so after supper he spent time in my bedroom setting in my wheelchair while I was in bed. There the two of us spent the next 1 ½ hours watching television. He would constantly make comments on the shows or would ask me questions about the show which I tried to answer using one or two words. I think L has a difficult time figuring out why his Grandpippy doesn't talk much.

Saturday morning we all woke up to a nice partly cloudy day. Once again L and I watch television while waiting for the rest of the family to wake up. Now on Friday we had receive a couple of inches of rain making it a great day to spend indoors. However, now with the better weather L and his Grandmother decided to go to a local orchard. Son C and daughter in-law K stayed home with me. I did my normal routine of doing Sudoku and jigsaw puzzles while they spent the morning relaxing. Late Saturday afternoon our daughter and son in-law and some friends with their two young kids came. After a light supper, everyone went out Trick or Treating. They went down one side of our short street and back up the other side arriving home with each of their pumpkin buckets filled to overflowing.
However, before they went Trick or Treating L had to have his Uncle K take his Lego race car apart and rebuild it in a different race car model.

By mid morning Sunday everything was back to our normal live again. I however had a Great Lego weekend.


Post a Comment

<< Home