Tuesday, July 07, 2009

A Bit Frustrating

Yesterday I had a neurologist appointment. I thought it would just be a normal “Hi How Are You?” appointment. I think the problem started with the time of the appointment which was 2:30. My doctor was running a little behind and she finally saw me it was 3:30. In fact I was so tired I had fallen asleep and must have still been tired when she walked in. The last time I was there, she hadn’t liked the fact that I was having increasing trouble talking. Which we think was caused in part because of the ventilator I was on at the time. Now that we have upgraded the ventilator I find I don’t have to work as hard to exhale and so figured the talking was no longer an issue. However, once the doctor was in the room and I was awake, I still had trouble talking. The doctor decided to test my gag reflex and found that I didn’t have much of a gag reflex.

So now I have to go have a cookie swallow test done and go see an Ear Nose and Throat doctor. The doctor did say that she thinks I have lost ground again these last few months.

Like I say it is all a bit frustrating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home