Monday, January 08, 2007

I am bothered additions

After reading the response my pastor friend wrote to Wendell Guth's "39 Theses for Healing", I decided to write to Wendell Guth and ask him some questions about my situation.

First I will post my email to Wendell.

Second Wendell's reply to my email.

Third my thoughts on Wendell's reply.

My email to Wendell:

Wendell,

From the time I was a baby, I’ve had health issues. First both hips slipped out of joint, causing me to undergo so many operations that I’ve lost count of them. For years, I experienced problems with my balance, and with neuropathy pain, burning, and tingling in my feet, legs, hands and arms. For years the doctors said the neuropathy issues were the result of all the hip operations. However, as the years passed, the neuropathy issues worsened to the point that I was confined to a wheelchair. Still the unknown disease continued to worsen. Now I am unable to control my bladder and must have an indwelling catheter. Also I now am unable to breathe without having a tracheotomy and being on a ventilator.

After years of tests, the doctors have determined, using some type of DNA test, that I suffer from congenital defects that began while I was being formed in my mother’s womb. Now in my weakened state of health, I often get infections. A couple of months ago, after spending some time in the hospital for pneumonia while still fighting an infection, a person at our church asked if they could pray with me. I went with them to the prayer room and we prayed together. As I was leaving they gave me a copy of your “39 Theses for Healing”.

Over the years, I have cried to Jesus to heal me, I have claimed the promises that you have pointed out. I have searched my life for any sins I haven’t confessed and asked forgiveness for.

Have I missed something? Is God angry with me? Do you think that I may not be one of God’s chosen? I mean Jesus doesn’t judge the man born blind in John 9. In John 9:3 Jesus says “Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.” So does that mean that I might be in this condition so the work of God might be displayed in my life?

I am troubled and confused,
Philip

Wendells reply to my email:

Phillip,

I can understand your confusion. I will respond with some things that will help.

Remember, that the John 9 man was healed. It is not God's will for you to be sick. He paid the price for the consequences of the curse, all of it, so man did not have to suffer the consequences now or eternally.

There is a paradigm shift that the church rarely gets, i.e. that healing for mankind WAS accomplished at the whipping post 2100 years ago. It is an accomplished fact in the Kingdom of God. It has been placed in the bank in our behalf. We WERE healed, therefore weARE healed from God's viewpoint. However, the manifestation in our present condition do not often line up.


That's is where both knowledge and faith come in. You can't have faith in a truth if you do not know about it. Faith comes by hearing (of the heart--- a deep revelation) of the truth and this
comes by the Woird of God. This type of hearing often requires a great deal of meditation on passages on healing.

When a person has been plagued by sickness as long and persistently as you have, it is difficult to believe the Word over and above the present circumstances. Your experience claims your focus. The focus needs to be diverted to the Word until the Word takes on a stronger reality than the circumstances.

I suggest that you get a set of tapes by Gloria Copeland, "Healing School", and listen to them over and over. Eliminate TV and other distractions and listen to them 8 hours a day until the truth regarding God's desire to have you walk in health becomes more real
than your present condition. This is what I call superimposing truth upon fact. You can get them at KCM.ORG.

In the meanwhile I am going to attach some things that will get you started.

The first is a pamplet called God's Medicine, designed to be copied on two sides and folded into a 4 page panphlet. Second, are some healing lyrics that I have written to some well known hymns that I would urge you to sing over and over until they saturate your spirit. These, also will quicken your faith.

In closing I would like to remind you about the man in Jn 5 sick for 38 years..Jesus healed him. The woman of Lk 13:10ff...in vs 16 Jesus said, "And this woman, a daughter of Abraham as she is, whom SATAN HAS BOUND FOR EIGHTEEN YEARS, should she not have been released from this bond on the Sabbath." Meditate on this passage.

In Christ the Healer,
Wendell Guth

My thoughts about Wendells reply:

I wrote him because I was interested in seeing how he would reply. I tell you, I think this guy has an answer to everything.

It seems to me that he is talking around the issue. He also appears to be suggesting that the issue is one of my lack of faith. I also notice that he didn't appear to address my last question in my email to him. Of course he really can't answer it without admitting that the faults in his argument.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

He nauseates me. I would like to throttle him on your behalf - I guess I need to pray to God for a spirit of compassion towards him (although he is so grotesque I don't know what good it would do - yes I do - it would do me good).

Love ya, M

BTW did you get a little package?

Monday, January 8, 2007 at 2:28:00 PM PST  
Blogger UP said...

I'm certain you've noticed that he has a no lose position. If a person is healed it is because of their Faith and if they aren't healed it is because of their Faith. You can't argue with a person like that.

Oh yes I did get the package. Thanks

Tuesday, January 9, 2007 at 7:02:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home