Thursday, November 16, 2006

I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT

Well after my rant of yesterday, I am now feeling good. I just got back from my Internist. While he had nothing to say about my being tired. He did say that he thought the reason why my inner cannula smelled so foul a week ago was that I was getting another Pseudomonas infection. Especially because it cleared up after the Pulmonologist started my on Augmentin. I asked the Dr. if it was possible for Pseudomonas to attach to my replacement hips. He said unfortunately that it was a very real possibility. Not exactly the answer I wanted to hear.

He was happy that I've managed to keep my weight to the same level that it was last year at this time.

How can I be certain of this while being in a wheelchair? Well let me tell you. I get the bathroom scale out and park my wheelchair in front of the bathroom counter. Now with the wheelchair behind me in case I fall down, I stand up and lift each leg up and place them on the scale. I then let go of the counter, while watching the scale. Not something I want to do often, but once a year isn't too bad. Especially after spending a year with a rather strict diet.


I knew my "Angry Rant" wouldn’t last too long. They never do. I think it is that I just get frustrated sometimes. I had a great visit with P.'s cousin who drove me to the Dr.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

So glad you had a better day and feel better. The angry rant may have not helped but it didn't seem to hurt anything. :)

Thursday, November 16, 2006 at 7:35:00 PM PST  
Blogger Melissa said...

You know what always seems to lift your spirits? Visiting with people...

Friday, November 17, 2006 at 3:58:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home