Friday, November 03, 2006

Help with dressing

Today, someone is coming from Providence Home Care to help me with my shower, changing my Trache drain sponge, and collar. I really don't like having to have this help. I don't like removing all my clothes for a complete stranger, having them wash and dry me and then get me dressed.

I've always believed in a controlled retreat policy. I mean that I always wait until the last possible moment before admitting I have to stop doing something. For instance I worked way past the time my neurologist wanted me to because I could still do the work. However, I gave up driving earlier because I thought it was no longer safe for me to drive.

Now the time has come when it is no longer safe for me to change the Trache drain sponge and collar. So I will have to accept the help. I guess I am like my mother when she had to be in a nursing home. She didn't like it, but she accepted it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

How was it? Terrible - or tolerable?

Friday, November 3, 2006 at 12:08:00 PM PST  
Blogger UP said...

Terrible. In me opinion, the person who came wasn't qualified to be a home care provider.

Wednesday, November 8, 2006 at 8:04:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home