Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Rough Morning

Well as I sit here and listen to A Prairie Home companion I will tell about my rough morning. First thing I got busy talking to K. this morning as he was getting his coffee and heading out the door to work. He headed out the door and I headed to the den to do my Albuteral and read my email. I transferred from my wheelchair to my recliner, got my laptop, reclined the chair and reached for my coffee. NO COFFEE. With all my talking to K. I forgot to take it with me from the kitchen. So I had to reverse the process, get the coffee and start all over.

I was hoping that things would improve from there. I am not certain if they have or not. After breakfast and shaving I took a rest break and read the paper and emails. Then I washed up and started to change my Trache collar and drain sponge. Lately I've been having more and more trouble doing this myself. Changing the collar and sponge require that I go without using my ventilator. I had so much trouble getting my fingers to do what I wanted them to do that I had to keep stopping and connecting my vent. After what seemed like a long time I finally got them changed.

Maybe the time has arrived to have someone come in to help me get cleaned up, change the collar and drain sponge and help me get dressed. P. does this on her day off and on the day she starts late.

I will have to talk to her about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home