Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Sad day

Today P. and I are going western IL to attend my Uncle's wake. We will stay overnight and attend the funeral tomorrow.

When I first took the train from western Kansas to Chicago, this uncle met the train and helped me get started at DeVry. During my time at DeVry I would spend every weekend at their house. In fact I lived with them for the last 6 months I was at DeVry.

Just before Christmas, I had scanned a couple hundred of their family slides and created CD's for them to give their children. At the time I was scanning them I didn't know if I would get them all scanned in time for Christmas because I ended up in the hospital with pneumonia. Then after sending them to my Aunt and Uncle they called to tell me that their DVD player wouldn't work with the CD I had made. I suggested they have their granddaughter bring her laptop along when she was by them for Christmas so my Uncle could see the photos. I don't know if he ever got to see them, but I hope he did.

I am really going to miss my Uncle because after my Dad died, I used to talk to him every other week or so.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I hope he did.

Wednesday, January 3, 2007 at 2:21:00 PM PST  
Blogger UP said...

Yes he did get a chance to see the photos.

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 5:43:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home