Friday, July 20, 2007

From Sore Throat to Cold and Back

Just as I feared my sore throat turned into a head cold, which is no fun when one has a tracheotomy. By Tuesday evening I was starting to run a slight temperature and having to suction my lungs more. Wednesday morning the Home Health Nurse came to change my Foley. Even though my lungs sounded clear to her, she called my pulmonologist because my temperature was 101. The doctor ordered a sputum culture and placed me on 10 days of antibiotics.

Already yesterday I was feeling better and today I feel better still. So I think we caught this cold and started treatment before it developed into an infection.

Of course not all is good news. Yesterday, I saw my neurologist. Her news was not as encouraging. She said that I have lost some ground in the fight against this disease. However, that it was only a small decline so I am happy that the lost wasn't more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Britt-Arnhild said...

I am so sorry to hear about your health problems.

Blessings your way.....

Saturday, July 21, 2007 at 10:06:00 AM PDT  
Blogger smilnsigh said...

You are so wonderful... seeing the plus side.

Mari-Nanci

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 at 2:32:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home