Friday, June 13, 2008

Exhaustion

Wednesday afternoon the front door opened and in walked my Uncle B. He was on his way to a store to look for some new light fixtures to put in their basement. He and I had a nice visit catching each other up on the family news. I didn't think I had talked too much, but think I talked more than I thought.

Then yesterday afternoon a friend called and asked if it would be OK if he came to watch some baseball with me. So my friend showed up we watched the baseball game and I let my friend do most of the talking. I tried to answer with “yes” or “no” or nodding my head. However, I must have talked more than I realized because by 8:00 last night, I could not keep my eyes open enough to read. And what I was reading didn’t make any sense to me.

Now here is it 8:30 in the morning and I, after sleeping like a log for 9 hours, have already taken a 20-minute nap. I think that is one of the worse aspects of this disease, the not knowing when you will do something that will just land you flat on your back.

I was hoping to help P by folding a couple of baskets of laundry, but now I think I better just sit here and try to rest up. I need to rest up because I really want to get to church Sunday. This Sunday is Fathers Day, and I think the boys will come for dinner. Which means I probably will do a bit more talking than is good for me.

Time to post this, do a Sudoku puzzle and try to figure out what to do with the rest of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home