Monday, June 09, 2008

Picnics and the ER Part 2

You will notice from the previous post that I had been to the Emergency Room on Sunday and when P and I returned home found the Mini Church picnic at the house.

Monday morning I did not feel any better, my throat was worse, but my temperature was a bit lower. I thought well let’s not panic, lets give the antibiotics a chance to work. Tuesday morning P was teaching a class at the banks home office about 45 miles away on the other side of Chicago. She called me during a mid-morning break to see how I was doing. Because I felt worse and because my temperature had reached 102 F. we decided it was time for a return trip to the ER. She called our church asking them to arrange for someone to come and take me back to the ER. After spending another 4 hours the doctor said the throat culture, they had taken Sunday, showed that I had a yeast infection in my throat, gave me a prescription for another antibiotic and sent me home. This doctor also told me that my Pulmonologist would be calling me later Tuesday afternoon. We live about 3 miles from the hospital and when we arrived home there was a message on the answering machine from my Pulmonologist asking how I was and asking us to call back. When we did the Pulmonologist had already left the office, so P went to get the new prescription filled.

As P was pulling back in the driveway the phone rang and it was my pulmonologist who told P she really wanted me admitted to the hospital. However, the hospital where we had gone did not have any available rooms, which was the reason they sent me home. P and I discussed this and decided that if my doctor could admit me to another hospital that would be fine with us.

By 7:30 Tuesday night I was in a CCU bed in the other hospital. I spent 3 days in the hospital on IV and oral antibiotics. I was discharged late Friday afternoon. . Friday when my doctor was discharging me from the hospital, he told me that we had caught this infection early, and stopped it before it had time gain much strength. Today I feel much better but still get tired easily.

Thinking back on this entire experience, I think the best part was the picnic our Mini Church had at our house when we were not there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Britt-Arnhild said...

I am so sorry to hear about the problems your've had again. You seem so strong about it all, it mujst be God who gives you His strength.

How did the picnic go? Did the others tell you :-)

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 at 12:28:00 PM PDT  
Blogger UP said...

Britt-Arnhild, Yes it is God who gives me strength. I couldn't do this alone.

How did the picnic go? Everyone said they had a great time. I received a number of email saying how much fun it was. We will get together at the end of this month and than meet only once in July and once in August.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 6:46:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home