Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

I did it. I made it to Church yesterday. For some reason I was having trouble talking. I have been having more and more trouble talking. It is such hard work and so exhausting that I find myself actively avoiding conversations. So yesterday in Church I just smiled a lot and gave people the raised thumb indicating that I heard what they were saying. Just before the church service started, our two middle sons tapped my on the shoulder asking me to move so they could go sit next to their mother.

After church the two boys and their sister were home for dinner. We had beef and vegetable kabobs with a nice Israeli Couscous Salad and a broccoli salad. For dessert we had one of my favorites, pecan pie. After lunch the boys and I watched part of a baseball game. What fun that was.

Yesterday evening my oldest son called to wish me a Happy Father’s Day and to tell me how he and grandson L spent almost an hour watching a crew remove a 30-foot log from under a flooded bridge. I guess the crew started with one piece of equipment and ended up with many pieces of equipment in the attempt to remove the log. I understand my grandson was happy because he really loves watching construction equipment.

Over night the weather cleared and today the sun is out, it is cooler and we have turned off the air conditioning and opened the windows. As I write this I can once again hear the birds singing in the bushes.

I think I am starting to wander a bit so I am going to Post this and stop.


Blogger dot said...

I've been reading your blog all along but haven't commented for some reason. I was amazed at the size of your church and the picnic was funny but not good that you had to go to the ER. I checked out "Me's" blog and she is a REAL photographer. I'm thinking maybe she is your daugher.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 3:58:00 PM PDT  
Blogger UP said...

Me is my niece. And yes she is a GREAT photographer.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 at 4:27:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home