Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Neighborhood Watch

Yesterday morning I looked out the front window and noticed a beat-up scruffy looking vehicle parked in the street in front of our neighbor’s house. As I watched one young man in baggy street clothes got out of the truck, stood looking at our neighbor’s house. After a short wait he walked up to the neighbors house where I could no longer see him. A short time later, he walked back to the truck and the other man got out of the vehicle and both went towards D’s house.

We live in duplex houses and this past Christmas the lady who lived in the other housing unit by D passed away. Knowing this and knowing the fact that D was advanced in years caused me to begin to think of all the horrible things that may be happening. Because I didn’t have D’s phone number I called our next door neighbor and asked her to call D. A short time later she called me back to let me know that D was all right. It seems that these two scruffy looking men driving the beat-up vehicle were from the local television cable company. D had changed from cable television to a dish television system and these guys were from the television cable-company. They were there to disconnect the cable going from the junction box to D’s house.

D thanked both S and myself for calling her because she was also worried when she saw those two guys. If the truck would have had a sign on it stating which company it was from and if the guys had been dressed in some sort of uniform, I wouldn’t have been worried. However, everything seems a little suspicious from the way the vehicle looked, the way they parked it, the way they behaved, to the way they were dressed.

I may have been a nosey neighbor, however I would rather be called nosey then have to explain why I hadn’t been concerned enough to make a phone call.

1 Comments:

Blogger Britt-Arnhild said...

Not a nosey neigbour, but a good, caring one :-)

Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 7:08:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home