Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Don't Mess With Me, Or Dirty Tricks

Last week we changed my vent circuit (the air hose from my vent to my trach) and discovered that the new circuit was 6 inches shorter. So I checked and found that all the circuits I had just received were shorter. So I sent this email to the company asking them about the shorter circuits.

I have two items of concern.

Yesterday I changed the circuit on my ventilator. I was surprised to find that the new circuit was roughly 6 inches shorter than the old circuit. I had changed the circuit just after transferring to bed from my wheelchair. Because the circuit is now shorter, it kept tugging at my trach when I would turn over. I also discovered this morning when I transferred from my wheelchair to my easy chair that the circuit is so short that it tugs at my trach during the transfer. When I transfer to the toilet I place my wheelchair in front of the toilet and stand and pivot to the toilet. I find that with the shortened circuit I had to move the chair closer to the toilet making it hard to pivot.

Is it possible to still order the longer circuit?

The second item concerns the external batteries. I find that the plug receptacle on the battery box seems to be just a bit too short. As I drive my wheelchair around, the cord plug works it's way out of the battery box receptacle. I just thought I would bring this issue to your attention. In fact I am now using the original external battery my supply company brought 3 years ago when I first got my vents.

I am really concerned about the shorter circuits and would like to talk to you about this. I am not as concerned about the battery issue because I no longer use your battery.

P


However, I didn't receive an answer. Yesterday I sent emails to every email address on their web-site. Today I received an answer.

I just hate it when people don't respond to a request.

P, Sometimes a force to be reckoned with.

3 Comments:

Blogger smilnsigh said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!

And they deserve to be asked about this! Does it seem that in so many places today ~ we get less, in the packaging, which we consider to contain the same as always? Grrrr... They should be called to task for such.

But in so many instances, we just shrug our shoulders.

In this instance, it's NOT a matter about which anyone should just shrug their shoulders and say nothing.

Repeat, good for you!

Plus, I'm always happy to see a new entry here. I worry about you, with this latest health issue.

Mari-Nanci

Thursday, August 23, 2007 at 5:13:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Thursday, August 23, 2007 at 2:40:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! I meant to write, I hope you get the right sized circuit.

Friday, August 24, 2007 at 2:49:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home