Friday, August 03, 2007

Getting better??

Well the Benadryl wasn't working so yesterday afternoon the doctors called in a prescription for Prednisone (hope I spelled it right). I took two dose last night and this morning the horrible itching is reduced and a lot of the hives are gone.

After the late night ER visit Wednesday night P called off work yesterday. It's a good thing she did because I think she spent a good part of the day talking to doctors. So now we wait until we get in to see an Infectious Disease Doctor. The last I heard that would be Monday August 13.

I hope I hear something about the sputum culture today. Of course now that my regular doctor is on vacation for the next couple of weeks, her partners are telling Pam that I didn't have pneumonia in the hospital last week. So if the culture doesn't show any infection, I am getting feeling that they might not want to put me back on the antibiotics.

It certainly gets old having this happen. First they tell me I have something, then they tell me I don't. I guess these Doctors are going by science, but I know my body far better then they ever will. As we found out last summer when I was on IV, pill, and nubulizer antibiotics the better part of 3 months. My regular doctor at least listens when we tell her something isn't right. These other two act as if I am stupid.

I am just afraid that this Pseudomonas bug will lie dormant for a while and then come back even stronger. This is what happened for the first 18 months after I had my tracheotomy. I would get sick, they would do a sputum culture. It would show an infection, they would put me on antibiotics until the sputum culture came back clean. Then in a month or so the infection would come back.

Well maybe that will not be the case this time. And talking about this time. This is enough of this rant.

1 Comments:

Blogger Britt-Arnhild said...

Anyway - good to have you back blogging :-)

Friday, August 3, 2007 at 11:46:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home