Sunday, July 29, 2007

Getting Better?

With time most of the nasty side effects have gone away. We contacted the doctor, who said to increase the infusion time from 30 minutes to 6o minutes, which has helped a lot. I have made a conscious effort to keep drinking plenty of water to help flush my kidneys, which also seems to help. Yesterday I called Home Health and they had a nurse come out and replace the Foley, again reducing the pain and discomfort. So little by little things seem to be improving. I think it helped that I took three naps yesterday 2 1/2-hour naps and one 2-hour nap waking up at 5 PM in time for supper. I thought that with sleeping that much during the day I would be up all night. However, I slept well most of the night. I guess sleep is what I need in order for my body to heal. I have noticed I am exhausted to the point of tears for 3 to 4 hours after each infusion of medicine.

Unfortunately we won't be going to visit our son, daughter in-law and grandson this coming weekend. This also means that I won't be picking up the dehydrator and next weekend son J and I plan on making more beef jerky. We will just have to see what happens. The 20 pounds of bottom round, purchased at sale price, is in our freezer, so if we can't get the dehydrator the meat can just stay frozen.

Having my health return is more important then making beef jerky.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Oh, I am glad things are improving. I am sorry, however, that you can't go visit L and his Mom and DAd and even more bummed that you can't get the dehydrator...

Monday, July 30, 2007 at 4:54:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Britt-Arnhild said...

Dear Tippy.
I am sitting here at my desk in Norway saying a prayer for you. May you recover soon.

Monday, July 30, 2007 at 11:26:00 AM PDT  
Blogger smilnsigh said...

Glad to hear things are improving.

And oh yes, I do hope you will rest as much as your body says it needs.

Hugs,
Mari-Nanci

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 at 8:12:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home