Friday, August 10, 2007

Busy Thursday

Well I had a busy day yesterday. First thing yesterday morning I sliced up one 4.5 lb. bottom round roast for Beef Jerky, leaving 16 pounds to go. Then someone from the builders came to do some drywall repair. Just as he left our friend C and her two kids came over to visit. C and I visited while we waited for K and P to come home. The kids played blowing a Thomas Train whistle and having fun.

K and P got home in time for lunch, which settled the kids down. After lunch as was I slicing up another 4 lb. bottom round roast the painters came to repaint the patched drywall. Turns out one of the painters remembered me from when he was here earlier. I found out they had tried out a new hot dog stand for lunch that is just south of here. They said it was "OK" as far as hot dog stands go. I also found out that he lives in Hobart. Just like Uncle H and I used to tell each other, "If you don't ask, how will you find out anything."

Then just as everything was settled down and I was thinking about a short nap, Uncle B stopped to visit and find out how I was doing with the new antibiotic. We visited until son K showed up on his way to the Willow Creek Leadership conference, which is being satellite linked to our church. However, because K ended up working from 5 AM until 3:30 PM he didn't get to yesterday's session. He hopes to get off work earlier today.

So by last night I was really tired. I set my alarm for the 10:00 PM I.V. feeding and fell asleep in the middle of it. I woke up at 12:30 A.M. and disconnected everything, turn over and slept like a baby until this morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Tippy its been a while since I last popped in.
Oh my you must have been really tired with people popping in trying to get the beef cut, You take care of yourself and dont tire yourself out .

Saturday, August 11, 2007 at 6:19:00 AM PDT  
Blogger smilnsigh said...

At first, I didn't understand what you meant about disconnecting everything. But then I realized ~ you had gotten your IV! Wheeew... At first I thought you unhooked, before the next IV.

Mari-Nanci

Sunday, August 12, 2007 at 2:46:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home