Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Grandson, Engagement, Pork Loin.

We left home last week Thursday and headed to C,K&L's. Not much happened on Thursday except that per usual I was exhausted by the time we arrived at their home. Daughter in-law K said that L had just gone down for a nap, so I decided to follow his example and took a nap also. When L and I woke up from our naps, he helped Grandma carry all of the cases in from the van. It is amazing how much help 3-year olds can be.

Thursday evening we just visited. Because I can't get into the spare room with my wheelchair, P and I arranged all my ventilator things so that I could sleep on the living room couch.

About 5:00 - 5:30 Friday morning L woke me up. He came and climbed up on the couch next to me. After a couple minutes he gets down from the couch, goes into the kitchen and returns with some dry cereal and a glass of orange juice. I get to hold these while he gets back on the couch and settle down next to me. So began each of my morning at L's house. He would wake up, come by me, get his snack and orange juice then sit next to me. While he ate his early morning snack he would tell me all about his world. I learned about his two teachers at school, about his Sunday School teacher, about the baby sitter across the street. However, the most interesting thing I learned from L was what happened when supper spilled over in the oven and the smoke detectors went off. He told me this story a couple time so I think it must have made a big impression on him.

About the time he finished his snack it would be time for my nebulizer treatment. He would climb down from the couch and bring the nebulizer over by me. Then he would get the Albuterol and empty it into the nebulizer cup. After I had the cup connected to my ventilator circuit he would turn on the nebulizer and climb back up by me to continue telling me all about his world.

Saturday morning his two uncles drove up for the weekend. While we were waiting for them to arrive our daughter K called to tell us that she was engaged. She and boy friend K were downtown Chicago on Michigan Ave when he dropped to one knee and asked her. While we were expecting this it still was a pleasant surprise.

Once L's uncle arrived we all went to a pancake house for breakfast. After that we drove to where we thought there would be a farmers market. We drove around and around and never found the farmers market. I guess we will have to buy apples from one of the local markets back at home. The rest of Saturday was spent relaxing, and visiting with the two boys. It is always nice to sit around and catch up on all the news. Later Saturday afternoon, son J, grandson L and I went to the grocery store to buy food for supper and Sunday dinner. We purchased a pork loin and decided to use it for Sunday dinner. Son J. cut the pork loin open and stuffed it using a recipe he found for stuffed pork chops. Along with Italian roasted potatoes and his mother's apple dumplings it was a great dinner. After dinner we all had to take naps. Late Sunday afternoon, the two boys headed back home and we waited for L parents to return from their weekend away.

Monday morning P and I returned home. What a weekend we had.


Blogger Britt-Arnhild said...

Sounds like alot of positive things are happening over at your place right now :-)

Sunday, October 21, 2007 at 5:31:00 AM PDT  
Blogger dot said...

Glad you got to visit with family.
About that spanish moss in's usually full of red bugs. If you've ever had red bugs then you know they are no fun!
Thanks for visiting my blog. Now I'm going to see what those guys in your back yard are doing.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 3:52:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home