Wednesday, November 07, 2007

New plan

Today I plan to substitute Tylenol #3 for the much stronger oxycodone. I will still take the oxycodone at night to allow myself to get a good night's sleep. I just don't like the way the muscle relaxer and oxycodone pain pills make me feel.

So we will see how my plan works out. I still have a lot of pain in my hip and lower back. But if the Tylenol #3 works and I am able to ignore the pain and function during the day it will be worth the change.

Of course if after stopping the oxycodone, I find myself sitting in the chair all tensed up; I will have to go back on the stronger medicine. As I understand it the purpose of the pain medicine along with the muscle relaxer is to alleviate the pain so I don't tense up allowing the muscles to heal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Britt-Arnhild said...

Good luck to you.

I hope to find time to respond to your email tomorrow.

Saturday, November 10, 2007 at 12:30:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Tippy..sorry to hear of your Pain,I hope the Tylenol works for you. When I was on Oxycodine,x2 plus panadol x2. all taken together. and I also felt like a zombie after a couple days home from hospital i took myself of them and took pandieneforte then went to just Pandiene caplets it helped numb the pain... take care ill be back soon.. thanks for the visit and lovely comment hope you return soon...

Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 4:29:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home