Friday, November 02, 2007

Oh the pain of it all

For some time now my lower back and right hip have been hurting. However, I always have pain so I didn't pay a lot of attention to it. However, starting last week it has been so bad I started taking two Tylenol #3 at night and one Ibuprofen at breakfast. This week I started taking 2 Ibuprofen at breakfast. However, it made no difference on the pain in fact the pain has slowly been getting worse.

So yesterday I called my doctor. He ordered X-rays. So I called my neighbor and went to the clinic for the X-rays. About the time I was getting my supper the doctor's nurse called to tell me they wanted the latest X-rays I had of my right hip. I was to bring them to the doctor office today and I have a doctor's appointment on Monday.

P called to find the old x-rays and they are at the University of Chicago. She also talked to the doctor's office to find out why they needed the old x-rays. It seems they think my prosthesis may have shifted. This is not good news. The doctor prescribed a muscle relaxant and oxycodone for the pain so I am really dizzy and tired but it hasn't really helped the pain.

1 Comments:

Blogger Britt-Arnhild said...

Oh Tippy, I am so sorry for you for all you have to go throug. You always seems so strong, I admire you.

Keep on!

Saturday, November 3, 2007 at 10:16:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home