Wednesday, January 02, 2008

What a Wonderful and excited time I've had

I think it has been a little over two weeks since the last entry in my Blog. However, they were a busy two weeks having fun with family, helping (a little) with the Christmas baking, and teasing everyone about what gifts they might have gotten me.

In fact I get the feeling that I've teased everyone so much that they were thinking about returning all of my presents. One item I received as a Turkey Fryer. I have a friend at church who is always telling me how good the Cajun marinate injected fried turkey taste. For the past 6 months I've been watching the sale papers waiting for the Turkey Fryers to go down in price. Finally towards the end of November, I spotted a Turkey Fryer at the price I was willing to pay. When P. went shopping that day, I asked her to buy it for me. She returned home and said that the store was out of them, but she had received a rain check for the Turkey fryer so if I didn't get one for Christmas we could always use the rain check and buy it at the sales price after Christmas.

Of course I kept mentioning that I would REALLY like a Turkey Fryer and kept watching the sale papers to see if I could find one at an even better price. I even tried to get my sons to go on E Bay and purchase one for me. Everyone would either ignore me or tell me that I should wait for the after Christmas sales. Finally they started telling me that if I didn't stop talking about Turkey Fryers, they would not help me fry a turkey even if I did buy one.

Imagine my delight, when on Christmas morning, I opened a large present and discovered the Turkey Fryer I asked P. to buy in November. Now I will have to wait until warmer weather and a weekend when everyone is back home to fry a turkey.

As a young boy I always got excited at Christmas. Now that I have children and grand children I think I get even more excited at Christmas. For some reason the rest of the family doesn't seem to reach the same height of excitement that I get too. Maybe that's a good thing. We might not be able to live with each other if we all were as excited as I get.

3 Comments:

Blogger Britt-Arnhild said...

OK, I'll bring my waldorf salad and come over for some turkey. Let me know when it's ready.

I love your humorous writing.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 at 1:53:00 PM PST  
Blogger Boots said...

The scary thing is that he isn't trying to be funny. :)

Thursday, January 3, 2008 at 5:47:00 AM PST  
Blogger dot said...

I've had fried turkey and it's wonderful!
Thanks for your comment on my blog today. I'm glad you have continued the stories on your other blog. I read the latest one and I'll come back another time and read the rest. I love your stories!

Saturday, January 5, 2008 at 8:46:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home