Friday, July 04, 2008

First Walk in a Longtime

Yesterday the weather was just gorgeous, with a high-blue sky, a slight breeze, and low humidity. June was a cool wet month, I was sick and spent the first week of June in the hospital and the rest of the month recovering, I think the last time I took a walk must have been this past May. So I decided that after lunch I would take a walk.

I am glad I went. As I started my walk the neighbor across the street was working in her front yard so we waved at each other. I saw another neighbor out mowing his grass but he had gone inside before I got to his house. However, on our side of the street, the side with the association home, the yard care company was trimming the bushes in front of the houses. Two people were doing the actual trimming and than four High School kids followed sweeping up the leaves, and pulling weeds.

When I rolled out of our garage at the start of the walk they had just finished our bushes. A half-hour later when I returned from my walk the yard care people were a couple of houses away from our house, the neighbor across the street had finished her yard work, and the neighborhood was quiet once again.

Today is the 4th of July and the weather is suppose to be a repeat of yesterday so hopefully I can take another walk.

1 Comments:

Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Man,

I just want to tell you how much of an inspiration you are to me. I was in a car accident back in April and damaged 6 of my discs. It hurts to stand, walk and sit. Sometimes it pisses me off.

But I remember how much you're working through and it helps me get through my pain too.

Keep it up!

Robert

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 10:30:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home