Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Determination

On Sunday July 15, 2008, my younger brother started his Renewing Spirits Bicycle Tour. You can read about why he wanted to do this cross-country ride at his RSBT Blog.

I used to love bicycle riding, not that I rode as many miles a year as my brother. Then I became ill and was no longer able to ride. When my brother told me about his plan for the RSBT I thought, “great, this will be a way for me to ride along side of him.” He on his bike and I in my wheelchair at home.

On June 15, 2008 the RSBT got under way. For the next couple of weeks my brother worked his way through the mountains to the Great Plains. Then on July 4th my brother crashed. At the time, because of my brother’s injuries, (4 broken ribs, broken collarbone, and bruised sternum), we all thought the RSBT was finished. Two weeks later my brother decided to try and complete the RSBT yet this year. On August 15, 2008 six weeks after his crash, my brother started his ride at the place where he had crashed.

When I talked to him this morning, he told me that he has completed 2,375 miles of his RSBT. This means he has finished 2/3 of the tour.

Way to go Brother.

1 Comments:

Blogger dot said...

Wow that is really something especially after being injured! I bet he has some good stories to tell about this adventure.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 8:49:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home